Dias, D.B., Madeo, R.C.B., Rocha, T., Bíscaro, H.H., Peres, S. M. (2009). "Hand movement recognition for brazilian sign language: a study using distance-based neural networks." 2009 International Joint Conference on Neural Networks.
Software developer focused on solving problems, with a Bachelor degree in Information Systems and MSc in Computer Science, both in the University of São Paulo.
Worked at companies in the following areas: financial market, information technology, health, digital marketing and games.
My areas of interest are Software Engineering and Artificial Intelligence (with focus on Automated Planning, Pattern Recognition, and Machine Learning).
- Bachelor in Information Systems, University of São Paulo, 2010
- Master in Science in Computer Science (Artificial Intelligence area), University of São Paulo, 2014
- Doctorate in Science in Computer Science (Artificial Intelligence area), University of São Paulo, 2024 (expected)
- 2022-12 to now, Kubeshop: Senior Software Developer
- Maintainer of Tracetest, a tool that generates end-to-end tests for distributed systems.
- 2020-06 to 2022-11, Wildlife Studios: Senior Software Developer
- Developer on the Game Services team, responsible for supporting and evolving the backend systems used by all Wildlife games.
- 2019-01 to 2020-06, Resultados Digitais (later acquired by Totvs): Senior Software Developer
- Responsible for evolving the billing systems to support the Finance team and support the billing of the RD Station product.
- 2018-05 to 2019-01, Aliança Hospitalar: Chief Technology Officer
- Coordinated the development of a system that otimized the revenue cycle on hospitals, written on Node.js, Python and PHP, handling millions of medical bills in a month.
- 2015-11 to 2018-05, Sprinklr: Senior Software Developer
- Worked at a omni-channel product that could connect customers to companies in many Social Networks.
- 2011-07 to 2015-11, MVar (later acquired by MATERA): Research & Development Analyst
- Member of R&D team responsible to create and implement mathematical models of company risk management softwares.
- 2009-10 to 2011-02, Interfloat HZ (later acquired by XP Investimentos): Software Developer
- Responsible in develop and analyse the support backoffice and risk systems and customer support website.
- 2008-02 to 2009-10, BSI Tecnologia: Software Developer
- Developer of Siscom system, a CRM system of BSI customer, Telefónica.
- 2006-01 to 2008-02, Brastel Co. Ltd.: Software Developer
- Worked as programmer on projects of company headquarters in Japan and for subsidiaries in United States and Brazil.
Skills and Tools
- Software Development Tools (Git, Docker)
- Software Design (Domain Driven Design, Clean Architecture)
- Databases (Postgres, MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, MongoDB, Redis)
- Cloud Providers (AWS, GCP, Heroku)
- SRE (Kubernetes, Terraform)
- Other (Machine Learning, Automated Planning, Reinforcement Learning, Credit Risk)
Madeo, R.C.B., Peres, S. M., Bíscaro, H.H., Dias, D.B., Boscarioli, C. (2010). "A committee machine implementing the pattern recognition module for fingerspelling applications." Proceedings of the 2010 ACM Symposium on Applied Computing.
Madeo, R.C.B., Peres, S. M., Dias, D.B., Boscarioli, C. (2010). "Gesture recognition for fingerspelling applications: an approach based on sign language cheremes." Proceedings of the 12th international ACM SIGACCESS conference on Computers and accessibility.
Algoritmos bio-inspirados aplicados ao reconhecimento de padrões da libras: enfoque no parâmetro movimento
Dias, Daniel B. (2010). "Algoritmos bio-inspirados aplicados ao reconhecimento de padrões da libras: enfoque no parâmetro movimento." Undergraduate thesis.
Programação dinâmica em tempo real para processos de decisão markovianos com probabilidades imprecisas
Dias, Daniel B. (2014). "Programação dinâmica em tempo real para processos de decisão markovianos com probabilidades imprecisas." Master Thesis.
Delgado, K.V., De Barros, L.N., Dias, D.B., Sanner, S. (2016). "Real-time dynamic programming for Markov decision processes with imprecise probabilities." Artificial Intelligence.
Talk at University of São Paulo, Innovation Agency, São Paulo, São Paulo, Brazil
Talk at University of São Paulo, Polytechnical School, São Paulo, São Paulo, Brazil
Talk at Atlanta, Georgia, USA